Friday, January 4, 2008

If Only You Knew

If only you knew, my child

My love that casts out fear

My peace beyond what you can see

My joy that’s overflowing

My grace that sets you free

If only you knew

 

If only you knew the strength of My hands

That catch you when you fall

And hold you when you’re broken

If only you knew the tears that I cried

The protection I gave

The beauty I made

For you

If only you knew

 

If only you knew the pain that I felt

The mountains I moved

The oceans I parted

The life that I gave

To see you come to my embrace

If only you knew the joy that filled me when you smiled

The longing I had to see you face to face

If only you knew

 

If only you knew the tender words that I whispered

The truth you didn't hear

The plans that I had

The person I wanted you to be

If only you knew

Beloved, I have known you

But why don’t you know Me?


  "O LORD, you have searched me 
       and you know me ..." -Psalm 139:1

No comments: