Sunday, June 8, 2008

For Such A Time As This

The beloved is broken, and she appears beyond repair. Her idolatry has drained the last breath of life from her lungs and her heart is withered and impenetrable. The weight of her past hurt, wounds and disappointments rests heavily on her shoulders and she has simply lost all motivation to get back up again. As I go back and forth among her, I hear the Spirit say,

“Son of man, can these bones live?”

“O Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”

“Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life . . . Then you will know that I am the LORD.”
-Ezekiel 37:3-6

It is as if Life Himself reaches down and whispers into the ear of the Beloved – whom he bought with a price. “He takes her by the hand and says to her, ‘Talitha koum’ (which means, ‘Little girl, I say to you, get up!’”)(Mark 5:41)

And the Beloved stands. Her burden has been exchanged for His grace. He places a beautiful crown upon her head and she rises to be a queen. Her fame spreads among the nations on account of her beauty, because the splendor He has given her has made her beauty perfect. (Ezekiel 16:12-14)

And has she not been brought to a royal position for such a time as this? (Esther 4:14) How can she remain silent when the nations are suffocating and she holds the Breath of Life within her lungs? No, she must prepare the way, for the Deliverer is coming.

“Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you.” –Zechariah 9:9



To read more about the events that inspired this, surf on over to roadtouruguay.blogspot.com. :)

No comments: