Broken, battered, bruised, - this one appears hopelessly beyond repair.
Bearing the scars of war, it seems that nothing of worth can be salvaged from something so desecrated. She has been wrought aimless, worthless, and insignificant. Though her beauty has long been smoldered by captivity, she knows that somewhere, she has an advocate. If only he will break the silence, perhaps there will be hope for restoration. And so she waits.
While she is yet in the midst of this, she hears the sound of footsteps. But who would come back for her now? Could it be her advocate, coming to restore her hope again? The footsteps grow closer, until she sees - yes, it is he! His voice has at last broken the silence, and out comes a cry: there is a coming King, and he is a King who redeems.
And come he does. Along the way her advocate has prepared, her deliverer comes. He is what she’s been waiting for. He takes what was broken and makes it brand new. He breathes life into what was once dead and shines light onto what was unseen. Gently he whispers, “be still child, and let your struggle cease ... do not turn back, for you have been washed of all of this. I have renewed my covenant in you, and whatever bears my signet cannot be revoked. I have looked with favor upon you, ransomed you, consecrated you, and now, I am commissioning you. I am declaring you a sanctuary before all the heavenlies:
‘For I am within her, and in her, shall my Name be.’
Now go forth, child, and do the same - for you bear the mark of the Almighty.”
Lord prepare me
To be a sanctuary
Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving I’ll be a living
Sanctuary for You
No comments:
Post a Comment